Scott Denny, PhD Completes National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Continuing (NCCAM) Education Series
Dr. Denny completed the eight module continuing education program which included lessons on the following subjects which were presented by researchers and clinicians affiliated with the National Institutes of Health, National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. The topics included:
Ø Overview of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Ø Herbs and Other Dietary Supplements
Ø Mind-Body Medicine
Ø Acupuncture: An Evidence-Based Assessment
Ø Manipulative Therapies: Chiropractic Manipulation
Ø Overview of Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Aging
Ø Integrative Medicine
Ø Health and Spirituality
This NCCAM program is part of the National Institutes for Health initiative to further the education of healthcare practitioners who are involved in Integrative Medicine. The program highlights the latest research in Integrative Medicine and specifically on the above subject matters.
The ultimate goal is to educate healthcare providers so they may better apply Integrative Medicine to their patients.
An overview of the NCCAM:
The National for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) is the Federal Government’s lead agency for scientific research on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). We are 1 of the 27 institutes and centers that make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The Mission of NCCAM is to:
Explore complementary and alternative healing practices in the context of rigorous science. Train complementary and alternative medicine researchers.
Disseminate authoritative information to the public and professionals.
What We Do:
NCCAM sponsors and conducts research using scientific methods and advanced technologies to study CAM
NCCAM has four primary areas of focus:
Advancing scientific researchUnited States
Training researchers. We support training for new researchers as well as encourage experienced researchers to study CAM
Sharing news and information on CAM
Supporting integration of proven therapies. Our research helps the public and health professionals understand which CAM
For more information please contact NCCAM at
1 Comment »
Leave a Reply
- Almost Half of Americans Use Alternative Medicine
- Homeopathy for Holistic Wellness
- Fish oil reduces risk of breast cancer by a third
- Cure Your Digestive Woes with Probiotics and Fiber by Sylvia Anderson – Digestive – InsidersHealth.com
- Acupuncture treats depression during pregnancy (without chemical drugs)
- US scores dead last in global health survey
- Alternative Methods for Quitting Smoking: Hypnosis, Acupuncture, Meditation – How to Quit Smoking
- Acupuncture Could Help Period Pain, Researchers Say
- Study Maps Effects of Acupuncture on The Brain
- Health care reform bill dooms America to Pharma-dominated sickness and suffering
- Acupuncture May Ease Depression During Pregnancy
- Americans Overfed, Undernourished